Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Joyful Heart

In my reflection on the past two weeks I have realized that I had been displacing my joy. I wasn't letting myself be joyful. I was letting myself be unhappy, and not at peace. All of this seemed to stem from the fact that I am not physically in the place that I desire to be, and I had to realize that it's not forever. I also had to realize again that I must be in the here and now, striving to be content and at peace with where I am. I can't be wishing for the time that is right before me to go away.
How can my joy be restored? While running the other day I was listening to Father Mike, and he was talking about how as we enter into Lent we must ask God what he want's us to do for Lent. On that run I asked God what he was calling me to and he revealed to me one thing. He wants me to take time each day to reflect on Psalm 51. I know that it's just one little passage from the Bible, but I have full confidence that God will be able to speak to me though this each and every day of Lent.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and put a new and right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation; Psalm 51:10,12a"

No comments:

Post a Comment